Sunday, October 10, 2010

Kami Nomi Zo Shiru Sekai - Episode 01

All the hype was for this? srsly?! I've been waiting for this for years to be animated and you give me this? this piece of shit?! you must be kidding me!! Set aside, the story is about Keima Katsuragi get involve with the demons via internet or something like that. Ok, I'll just start to point out my opinions for episode 01.
OP-wise. A cameo of Higashi no Eden with all the letters suddenly strive down on your screen and vector style etc and trace on-like(Fate Stay Night) at the beginning, animation-wise, impressive. Well, atleast the opening song give me the chills and impression of Keima being a god sorta. Nice song they got there.
Plot so-so. Nothing much to say since this is just a mere adaptation of Kami nomi manga. I'll just cross match the episode one to manga. First, if you haven't read the manga you might have a hard time to grasp on the flow of the story. For example, who the fuck is Dokuro? how do he look like. In the manga there's a prelude of Dokuro, for your information he's the hell branch chief task of collecting of lose souls. He is a deform chibi grim reaper like thingy. Just imagine it or you can click this. Because they cut that part all the supposedly funny scenes are gone.

Lots of changes! Lots of additional scenes! Lots of bullshits! This is horrible! I reread the manga :)
Animation So-so. Character illustration is quite good but I hate the coloring that MangaGlobe did for this one. I mean it's too bright, my eyes got irritated and this is not Bakemonogatri! Cute girl characters, yes, you could find those here. They were well made. But! but the deform chibi and the angles are so damn bad! I just could puke while watching this.
Characters-wise. I don't have much to say here too but if you're an otaku who dream to have his own harem you'll love the main protagonist here. If you're looking for moe character they have that as well.
Sound awful. The BGM! it's like there no BGM here! Seiyu is good. OMG I'm running out of good things to say about this series as of my first impression! Wait! it's Iwanami who's the sound director of this series? the sound director of Baccano? no wonder :)

The episode 01
Reminds me of some western movies

Poor Keima never held a girls hand, even with his mom.
Elci sympathize
I'm just wondering ... why is it that in Japan they wear short short
instead of jugging pants in physical education
Commencing Capture the Girl Mission
The Antagonist
This ain't cute at all!
... the episode ended with Elci being Keima's imouto. So lame~
Impression: People over My Anime List are exaggerating again for rating this god damn show a 9 and 8. Well they can say this show is not for me but this is really butt ugly with such an ugly directing skill by Takayanagi who directed some not so popular anime like Hime-sama dipshit and Galaxy Angel, urg Galaxy Angel was just popular because of cute characters, err. Failed style, didn't impress me at all. What I mean is this, compare Highschool of the Dead which is a manga adaptation as Kami nomi as well. It's pretty obvious that people will go for HOTD because it's really really good, they added some scene that cannot be found in the manga but it still work perfectly fine unlike Kami nomi they remove some scene tried to squeeze-in the story for one episode, What the ef?

Please do something awesome next episode. That's all :( if not I probably gonna drop this.

No comments:

Post a Comment