Monday, July 5, 2010

Highschool of the Dead - Epi. 01 (Spring of the Dead)


Wow! I made it on time. I really keep looking forward of the anime adaptation of Highschool of the Dead(Manga) illustrated by Satou Shouji (awesome guy) because of it's a new trend ... the zombie trend. I believe Left 4 Dead's is to blame for influencing the anime industry to make a new genre.

Highchool of the Dead story revolves around a bunch of high schoolers with inhuman size of busts(see the OP) and some Lelouch-like guy(Takashi) and a chubby guy (I won't mention for spoiler alert)playing around whacking zombies asses, fan-service and huge company/organization relation with the zombie outbreak. Sounds like Resident Evil right? LOL. The chapter 25 of the manga, which the fans believe the last chapter of HOTD is in hiatus mode and will be back as the anime adaption takes progress or something like that. LOL.

In any case, they did great for the anime adaptation.I watched it in high definition courtesy of coalguys, of course ... I literally drop my jaw there. I had read the manga and it was funI, have this feeling that it will be hard if they will put HOTD in the t.v screens. But I was wrong. While watching HOTD anime it felt like I was watching an anime movie made by some awesome production team, well GAINAX is really awesome, they made Gurren-Lagann the movies and the series. (I did some research and I found out the production team in charge of this one is MADHOUSE. They are good ... just good.). Regarding GAINAX, I swear to zombie god I saw Gainax at the ending song!

The god tier style and animation of HOTD anime is so damn EPIC AWESOME. If you want some good action, fan-service and whacking zombie face animee I recommend Highschol of the Dead for you.

Let's make the Baka Kynte Style !!

The Opening Song. I still don't know the title and the artist yet. I'll just put the screen shots that I took awhile ago. It's OP is not good but who cares about that if you can have some jugs. Notice the last screen shot that I took .... let's have some guessing game. Guess what's her cup size? lol.


Spring of the Dead. Major part of the episode 1 is came from the manga but they added some new scenes and cut some insignificant scene. Like they already introduced Saya Takagi, she is supposed to show up at episode 2 but in some reasons she spice up things with her super long breast. So damn good. I wonder how it feels like to at least touch those dangling things. Feels good man. The guy who fell from the room is suppose to jump-off the roof top. There are plenty things that they had change from the manga. Some of it are very important dialogues from ... for an example Hisashi didn't say to the observatory thingy when they got no way to run on the rooftop. I wonder how will it affect the story. But still it somehow works for me. Great that's just me.  Now I wonder if they will make the bonus chapter in HOTD manga. Try to read it. It will give you your daily dose of guilty pleasure.

All in all, I kinda don't like the episode 1 it's full of cliches. But yet the animation, the zombie whack-o thingy is just awesome. If you want something awesome for summer this is the best pick for ya. Summer, just open yhe electric fan ... get some nice drink just don't puke when guts and heads are start flying around your screen. Yes, a 8.8/10

You might find my post a tl;dr.

The Ending Song. I took some screen captures as well. I kinda don't like the ED much prefer the OP. Anyway here it is.


For the note the director of HOTD anime is Tetsurou Araki (director of Death Note and Galaxy Angels) and the in charge in Script, Screenplay, Series Composition is Kuroda, Yousuke from Hellsing Ultimate, Mobile Suit Gundam 00 and Honey & Clover.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah your kinda right. The manga is better than the anime atm.

    ReplyDelete